For a successful project, in addition to technical expertise and structure, the right work method and follow-up are necessary.
Our project approach is based on these principles whereby the Salesforce platform is configured in such a way that the customer’s work processes are optimally supported.
Our projects are only carried out by certified consultants so that the customer can rest assured that the configuration meets the highest quality demands of Salesforce.com.
User acceptance is an important cog in the successful implementation of Salesforce.
The following aspects contribute to this:
- The right people are present during detail Discovery
- A demo is given at the end of every sprint
- Internal communication on the progress of the Salesforce project (communication plan) takes place
- Change management is guided from the line
- Awareness of changes
- Commitment and input of employees
- Management has an exemplary role
The projects starts with a consultation between the customer’s project leader and that of Profit4SF.
During this consultation, the following points are discussed:
- Discussion of the data model and process flows
- Sprint overview and planning
On average, a sprint has a duration of 2 to 4 weeks
- Quip shall be used as a project management tool, which allows us to, among others:
- Work centrally and in uniform fashion in the available documents including reports, notes, sprint overviews and backlogs
- Monitor outstanding actions and deadlines by way of a Kanban planning board
- Being able to communicate clearly by way of the chat functionality
- Composition of the project group
The Kick-off is a meeting of the project group at the location of the customer where the following matters are discussed:
Development of the sprints
Every sprint has a number of fixed elements that must be run through sequentially in order to actually complete a sprint:
- Detail Discovery: intended to obtain all the necessary processes and information
- Design: the processes and information are translated into a solution
- Build: the configuration shall be carried out in this phase
- Testing: the customer shall test and approve the configuration of this sprint
- Having several sprints run (partially) parallel
- Designate bundled sprints for partial delivery
- Close off partial delivery with a training/Go-Live and the commencement of support
After all of the defined sprints have been completed, the last phase of the project shall begin. During the Go-Live, the following aspect will be covered:
- User Acceptance Test (UAT) of the entire configuration. As based on the customer’s test team shall test and approve the developed test scripts and the overall functionality of Salesforce
- Data migration: importing the customer’s supplied clean data in the correct format
- Training: users are trained based on the supplied configuration
- Support: after the Go-Live, the Support contract begins and support can be provided
Project close down
We end the project with a Project Close Down whereby the entire project group is invited to discuss experiences and points of improvement. Wishes/demands that were put on hold can also be discussed and documented. These can then serve as input to start a follow-up project.